Sunday, January 16, 2011

Book 1 - Fables # 9 Sons of Empire

Fables Vol. 9: Sons of EmpireFables Vol. 9: Sons of Empire

999 books to go!

First book of my challenge has been completed. I've been reading the Fables graphic novel series by Bill Willingham. I've already completed Sandman and am mid way through the walking dead series so they may also appear in this blog/challenge as well.

As always I enjoyed this book tremendously, each fables series covers the saga of fable or fairy tale characters living in New York during our time. It's interesting to see the fables in our time and to read what happens to them. The artwork in each fable series is also very impressive.

In this compilation of issues now in book form the homeland adversary is preparing for a war against fabletown, meanwhile the fables are living in slight peacefulness, there's also a bonus section at the end of the book featuring short comic strips answering questions regarding prior events in fabletown.

As with all fable books I've read, I give a great review and recommend this book as well as this series to any graphic novel lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment