Friday, April 15, 2011

Book 36 - Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

Heartsick
Heartsick

964 books to go!

I loved this book, mostly I like or love anything I come across to read but sometimes I don't. This book was incredibly captivating. It's not for the squeamish or non horror fans though. The two main characters in the book are Archie Sheridan and Gretchen Lowell. The back story at the start of this novel is that Gretchen (a female serial killer) kidnapped Archie and tortured him while he was leading the task force to hunt for her, she was known as the beauty killer. This novel alternates between Archie's memories of being tortured by Gretchen and the hunt for a new serial killer dubbed the after school strangler. It's an extremely gripping thrilling read, one of those books that you just can't put down because you need to know what happens at the end. The ending was curious to me, Archie seems like he's heading on a path to recovery but this is the first in a series of four books so far and they are titled the Gretchen Lowell novels so I just have a feeling he's going to have to encounter Gretchen again and this might halt his recovery, but I guess I'll see when I pick up the rest of the series. My sister passed this book to me (which is weird, because normally I pass books to her) and I ordered copies of the other three books from amazon, I have a feeling I'll devour these quickly when I have a chance to read them. Gretchen Lowell seems to be the female version of Hannibal Lector. Definitely worth the read for sure if you are a thriller mystery fan. It appeared on an WYNC's top thriller list that I found at work, and I couldn't agree more this thriller is aces.

No comments:

Post a Comment