Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book 314 The abstinence Teacher by Tom Perotta


686 books to go! 

I've been plowing through Tom Perotta's work, just one more novel to go before I'll be done with everything and waiting to read a new one if he writes something else. So far I've loved all of his novels I get so wrapped up in his stories and can't stop myself from turning the pages. His suttle action stories of surburbia amaze me. 

Set in Stonewood heights this novel creates an epic battle between evangelists and liberals. The main characters are Ruth Ramsay, the liberal sex ed teacher who's suddenly forced to teach a new curriculum promoting abstinence to her students and Tim, an ex druggie now soccer coach and musician at a new church called the tabernacle. The battle begins when Tim attempts to lead his soccer team in prayer after a victory, the problem is Ruth's daughter is on the team and Ruth feels the students shouldn't be forced into prayer. 

I love Tom Perotta and this was definitely a work worth reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment