Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book 313 The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


687 books to go!

It's been a long time since I've written a post although I have been reading! I've got a lot of catching up to do! I'm no longer using Amazon associates to show images of the books I've read. I don't feel like anyone clicks on the links I provide to purchase the book anyway and I also don't want to push my blog readers into buying a book in fact I'd urge my blog readers to use the local library to read any book I've posted about if they're interested in reading it. 

So since the new movie came out I decided to pick up this classic and read it before viewing the 2013 film. I really didn't like this story and I don't understand why it's such a promoted piece of classical literature. The writing is great and I do appreciate it I just really detest the story. I hate Daisy Buchanan, I think she's a coward who just expects her money to clean up the messes she makes. I also dislike her husband Tom Buchanan. They were a wealthy bored couple that cheated on each other and caused a great big mess at least that's my opinion and I have nothing but distaste for them. 

I'd pick a different classic first over this one if I was going to be in the mood to read a classic, maybe something by Hemingway, I kind of adore that man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment