Friday, December 7, 2012

Book 250 Dead Canaries don't sing by Cynthia Baxter


Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mysteries, No. 1)

750 books to go!

This is the first in a series featuring mobile vet Jessica Popper. Jessica works on Long Island and on her way to an appointment she stumbles upon the dead body of Tommy Frack a famous PR person on Long Island. Jessica starts to investigate Frack's murder despite the warnings that she shouldn't do it from her complicated lover Nick Burby.

I really didn't enjoy this book much. Jessica Popper's character annoyed me, I wished she wouldn't jerk Nick around like she did. Her best friend Betty's character was meant to be charming but she was utterly ridiculous. The novel was also really cheesy, complete with the villian or bad man's favorite phrase of "Jesus H. Christmas". I was also kind of annoyed because the writer chose to fictionalize Long Island with town names that don't exist. When I read about a place even in a work of fiction personally I want to read it accurately, especially Long Island because I live here.

I chose to read this because I have one of the books from this series on my kindle but the book was free so I might just delete off my device and not even bother continuing to read these.

No comments:

Post a Comment