Thursday, January 10, 2013

Book 277 Fatal friends, deadly neighbors and other true cases by Ann Rule


Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors: Ann Rule's Crime Files Volume 16

723 books to go!

I'm addicted to Ann Rule's books and whenever I learn she's written a new one I snatch it up off the library shelves as quickly as possible. When I found this one I reserved it and waited for it. It was good, typical Ann Rule true crime stories. The only thing I didn't like was that she wrote about a lot of things happening to children in these case files and I just don't really like reading stories where children are hurt, or where animals are hurt even though it does happen. The story and case she wrote about Coronado made me think carefully. Billionaire Jonah Shacknai lost his son and his girlfriend a mere few days apart. People began to wonder if his son's fall was truly an accident and if his girlfriend really committed suicide. Mr. Shacknai actually wasn't a suspect for their mysterious deaths. But the police have never solved this bizarre crime.  My theory about the girlfriend is that she was murdered by Mr. Shacknai's brother Adam who came to stay with the family after the son had his fall. I don't know if I'm correct though. I don't have any personal theories about his son Maxie's fall, coma and death that followed.


No comments:

Post a Comment